Watch our handy tips video before you submit:
How it works
- Please read the submission requirements below, which will enable you to update your script with the required information.
- Once done, you can submit your script using the form linked at the foot of this page.
- We will then review it.
- If it needs tweaks to meet our submission standards, we will get in touch and let you know.
- If we don’t feel it’s right for our collection, we’ll also let you know (although this is more in the event of anything either sub-par writing-wise or inflammatory/offensive in the content than us limiting your creative output!)
- When it’s good to go, we will publish it and let you know.
- As per the script suggestions below, if you want people to contact you when they perform your script, then please add your contact details at the top of the script. (We won’t share your contact details without your permission.)
- Scripts must be submitted in PDF format. (You can create PDFs by saving from Word and Google Drive documents.)
- You can also optionally submit an accompanying musical score or notes document, again in PDF format.
- Please name your script and score/notes documents to include the title and your name, and whether its the script or score/notes – eg “Wizard of Oz – L Frank Baum – Script.pdf”.
- Scripts and score/notes documents must not exceed 3MB in size.
- Scripts must not contain anything deemed offensive or inflammatory.
- If you wish to be contacted by the performance group (e.g. to be offered free seats to a performance), please put your contact email address on the script itself.
- Scripts must feature a cast list (detailing name of character, age, ethnic requirements if any etc) at the start of the script.
- Scripts must detail all set and prop requirements, along with any other important staging requirements such as live/recorded music and sound.
- You MUST agree to and accept our Terms and Conditions.
- Your script must remain free whilst it is on the site. You are free to request its removal at any time, but any groups that have already downloaded it whilst it was available may not be retroactively charged for its use.
Frequently Asked Questions …
Q: Do I retain the rights to my work?
A: Yes, you do. The only rights you agree to with us are the rights to be able to store and distribute your work for free as per section 22 of our terms and conditions. It’s a non-exclusive agreement – which means that you can do whatever you want with it beyond submitting it to us. We’re here to help your work reach further, not cramp your potential.
Q: What do you mean by offensive material? Does that mean that adult language is prohibited?
A: When we say that we won’t publish offensive or inflammatory material, we’re talking about scripts that advocate or promote things like racism, sexism, and other forms of intolerance or persecution. We have no problem with the judicious use of the F bomb and its cousins – all we’d ask you to do is make sure you flag it as suitable for mature audiences. As a rule of thumb, if any reasonable person would NOT be tempted to either walk out, throw things at the actors or raise a local militia based on what they see on stage, then you’ll be fine.
Now that’s all dealt with …
We’re very happy that you want to submit a script to us. Our team is working hard to expand the reach that your work will have, and we wish you the very best with your endeavours. So let’s make it happen!